Canon PowerShot ELPH 300HS
The PowerShot ELPH 300 HS digital camera boasts a slim profile as well as good looks. And appearance isn’t the only thing this slick little device offers … it will also deliver brilliant still images, ultra-detailed 1080p Full HD video, serious functionality, and a wealth of effects and automatic settings.
You might be surprised when you learn just how much is packed into such a slim point-and-shoot. Let your imagination run wild, and let Canon’s HS SYSTEM, a 24mm lens, 5x Optical Zoom, and 12.1 Megapixels help you snap great photos everywhere.
Some of the Technical DetailsColor: Black
- World’s thinnest digital camera with a 24mm ultra Wide-Angle lens and 5x Optical Zoom and Optical Image Stabilizer
- Canon’s HS SYSTEM with a 12.1 MP CMOS and DIGIC 4 Image Processor improves shooting in low-light situations without the need for a flash
- Full 1080p HD Video for exceptional quality with stereo sound, plus a dedicated movie button for easy access
- Get high-speed shooting in a point-and-shoot camera: High-speed Burst Mode captures 8.0fps and
- Smart AUTO intelligently selects the proper settings for the camera based on 32 predefined shooting situations
- And lowers noise levels at higher ISO settings
- World’s thinnest digital camera with a 24mm ultra Wide-Angle lens and 5x Optical Zoom and Optical Image Stabilizer.
- Full 1080p HD Video for exceptional quality with stereo sound, plus a dedicated movie button for easy access.
- Smart AUTO intelligently selects the proper settings for the camera based on 32 predefined shooting situations.
- Super Slow Motion Movie records video at high speeds to allow slow motion playback.
- Zoom optically while shooting video and keep footage stabilized with Dynamic IS.
- And lowers noise levels at higher ISO settings.
Incredibly Thin. Incredibly Powerful.
Thin Is In
The ELPH 300 HS is less than an inch deep and weighs less than 5 ounces.
At less than an inch deep and weighing just under five ounces, the PowerShot 300 HS will fit right in your pocket, but it packs plenty of power into its sleek point-and-shoot body. A 24mm ultra wide-angle lens with a powerful 5x optical zoom gives you the versatility to shoot in any number of situations, and the optical image stabilizer keeps things from getting too shaky when you’re zoomed in tight. Whether you’re out partying or just walking around town, you don’t need to sacrifice style for power–the PowerShot ELPH 300 HS has got you covered for capturing great photos effortlessly.
Read More at Amazon.com
Here are some of the highlights from the ELPH 300HS review at Digital Camera Review …
The PowerShot 300 HS delivers good images and reliable performance in a variety of shooting conditions.
- Excellent ergonomics
- Instant startup
- High quality video
- Poorly attached port cover
- Flash inconveniently located
- Occasional overexposure
Canon PowerShot 300 HS (previously #1) – It may not reign supreme on our top ten list any longer, but the 300 HS is just as capable as ever. It continues to offer 1080 HD video recording, a 12.1 megapixel CMOS sensor and DIGIC 4 processor. Canon PowerShot 300 HS Review | Canon PowerShot 300 HS User Opinions
Canon PowerShot ELPH 300 HS Full Review
The Canon Powershot ELPH 300 HS (IXUS 220 HS) is one of several new compact digital cameras recently released by Canon with a new naming convention – “Powershot ELPH xxx HS” rather than “Powershot SDxxx IS.” The ELPH 300 HS is the newest model of the line of compact cameras whose previous version was the SD1400 IS, a fine camera that I reviewed for this website (the earlier versions of the camera, the SD940 IS and SD780 IS, were also reviewed by this website). However, the ELPH 300 HS improves upon the SD1400 IS in several significant ways.
Most importantly, it has a different sensor, a 12.1 megapixel CMOS sensor compared to the 14.1 megapixel CCD sensor of the earlier version. The new sensor is designed to give the camera enhanced low light image quality and faster speed. The new camera also has a lens with a wider angle of view, 24mm compared to 28mm, and more optical zoom, 5x compared to 4x.
The ELPH 300 HS has a higher quality video mode, 1920 x 1080 resolution (full HD) at 24 frames per second, compared to 1280 x 720 (30 fps). It uses Canon’s latest processor, the DIGIC 4. It also has several features that are absent in the older cameras, including a Super Slow Motion video mode, which can record video at up to 240 fps. With all these improvements I was eager to try out Canon’s new camera.
You can read the full review here: Digital Camera Review.com
How do you decide if this, or any of the many other digital cameras we evaluate here, is a good choice for you? Certainly reviews can help, but choosing the right camera always boils down to your own personal approach to photography.
While it may seem nice to have lots of features and all the bells and whistles that many digital cameras offer, they are only valuable if they help you do the kind of photography that you are most interested in doing.
To help you with this, you may find these Camera Buying Tips helpful.
You can also see a video review on the Videos page …
And let us know your own thoughts on this camera in the comments section, especially if you own or have used this camera.
Here’s to better photography …